All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) has opened registration for the first Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) to be held in September for 2014-15 admissions. The registration window is from July 3 to August 21, 2013. The exam will be held in a five-day window, beginning September 26, 2013.
This time, AICTE will conduct the exam in 62 national centres and 5 international centres. In an exclusive interview to Shiksha.com, AICTE chairman had stated that international centres are being introduced to use CMAT as a global gateway for education in India.
CMAT is conducted twice a year. Candidates will be given two opportunities to appear in CMAT; first in September, 2013 and second in February, 2014. The better of two scores will be used for admission in 2014-15.
Important Dates for CMAT 2014-15 (September Test)
|Registration window opens on||July 03, 2013|
|Last Date for Online Registration||August 21, 2013|
|Print out of Hall ticket From||September 12, 2013|
|Computer based test dates in India||September 26 to September 30, 2013|
|Test Timings in India||9.30 am – 12.30 pm|
2.30 pm – 5.30 pm
|Computer based test in Foreign Countries||September 29, 2013|
|Test Timings||9.30 am – 12.30 pm|
2.30 pm – 5.30 pm
|Declaration of result||October 20, 2013|
|Print out of Score Cards From||October 20 to October 20, 2013|
Graduates in any discipline or Final year students of Graduate Courses (10+2+3) whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for 2014 can apply for CMAT online.
- Interested candidates can register online at www.aicte-cmat.in from July 3 to August 21.
- Candidates have to list a choice of 3 dates and 3 cities of India for online examination in the order of preference.
- Allotment will be based on first come first served. Actual allotment however will be subject to availability of the slots in a particular city.
- The detailed merit list will be provided to the respective State Governments for allotting the students through central counselling or otherwise as per their notified admission procedure.
- In case there is no central counselling scores awarded will be used for admission in the AICTE approved Institutes/University Departments.
Test Fee for CMAT 2014-15 (First Test):
For any test centre in India: Rs 1200 + Bank charges as applicable (General/OBC); Rs 600 + Bank charges as applicable (SC/ST/PD)
For any test centre abroad: $125 + Bank charges as applicable
Mode of Payment:
Net Banking / Credit / Debit Card: Pay online through www.aicte-cmat.in
Cash Payment (Only acceptable in Rupees for taking the test in India): Through challan generated online and Cash deposited in any branch of State Bank of India
Test Venues in India
Test Venues Abroad
|Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)||Kabul (Afghanistan)||Kathmandu (Nepal)||Lagos|
For more information, mail at email@example.com or call at helpline number: 022-40679404 (from July 2 to November 20).