The course BSc Biotech broadly lays emphasis on the following key areas:
- Cell Biology
- Biomathematics & Biostatistics
- Transcriptomics & Metabolomics
- Bioprocess Engineering & Technology
- Molecular Biology
- Bioenergetics & Biomembranes
- Molecular Genetics & Cytigenetics
- Recombinant DNA Technology
- Animal & Plant Physiology
- Genomics & Proteomics
- Bio technologists largely work in laboratories to conduct scientific research.
- The work biotechnologists do is in a variety of sectors eg. agriculture, pharmaceuticals, medicine, environment, chemical research, energy management, genetic engineering and industry.
- The work of Bio technologists is interdisciplinary in nature which requires working together with scientific researchers from disciplines such as microbiology, immunology, molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, chemistry, food science, agriculture and engineering with other inputs from managers, economists, politicians, policy makers, legislators etc.
- In the field of agriculture modern biotechnologists conduct research for improving crop, livestock, forestry and fishery. Their work involves devising biotechnological techniques for increasing productivity, quality, efficient processing and utilization of products with lesser reliance on agro chemicals. The development of bio insecticides, bio-chemicals and tissue culture by bio technologists has almost revolutionized agriculture sciences.
- Bio technologist’s work in research is related to medical and health care.
- With the application of Biotechnology pharmaceutical research, development of new vaccines, and diagnostic procedures have evolved.
- Environmental biotechnology is used for treatment of industrial waste to recycling of sewage and microbial processes using many analytical and diagnostic techniques.
- Genetic improvement is an extensive area of work encompassing agriculture, animal and human genetics.
Some industries employing bio technologists are:
- Bincon India Limited
- Hindustan Antibiotics
- Hindustan Lever
- Indian Vaccines Corporation
- Indo American Hybrid Seeds
- Sun Pharma
- Thapar Group
Medical Biotech industry include:
- RPG Life Sciences
The leading companies in the agriculture biotechnology include:
- EID Parry
- Hindustan Lever
- Hoechst Schering
- Indo-American Hybrid
- ITC Zeneca
- National Laboratories and Institutes employ Bio technologists
- National Organic Chemical Industries Ltd.
- Pioneer Hibred
Admission to the Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology (BSc Biotech) Course at NIMT Institute of Medical and Paramedical Sciences Greater Noida is based on 10+2 Merit. Last date to apply to this course is 20 JUL 2019
Once the application is submitted, the application is reviewed by the admissions committee
Admission Decision is communicated to the candidate individually or in the form of merit list that is published on the website.
The NIMT Institute of Medical and Paramedical Sciences offers various facilities that help the students learn better.
|For Indian Students
All Fee are given in INR (₹)