Diploma in Pharmacy or D.Pharma. is a 2-year full-time diploma course divided into 4 semesters. The course has been designed to prepare candidates to work under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist in hospitals, community pharmacies, and other pharmaceutical related fields.
There are two ways to enter the pharmacy field. A diploma (D. Pharma) or a degree course (B.Pharma of four years).
At NIMT the students go through practical hand on training at hospitals in the region. Students who have graduated from our Institute are working in several major hospitals including Sir Gangaram Hospital, Delhi, Max Hospitals, Jaypee Hospital, Apollo Hospitals etc.
Components of study within D.Pharma. Syllabus include:
- Pharmacy software practice
- Accurate and safe processing of prescriptions
- Compounding techniques
- Third-party billing
- Inventory control
- Adherence to relevant legislation
- Accurate and confidential record-keeping
- Effective verbal and written communication.
Pharmacy books prepare candidates to work as members of an interdependent health-care team. This course examines other ethical topics such as the distribution of scarce resources, the use of stem cells, the role of genetic testing, and issues of human cloning.
D.Pharma. course aims to prepare eligible candidates to:
- Fill orders under a pharmacist’s supervision.
- Enter client information.
- Identify prescriptions and process paperwork for orders.
- Understand and apply drug and medical terminology as well as basic pharmacology.
- Understand drug dosage calculations, commonly used computer systems, compounding, practices and procedures.
- Apply the ethics, legislation, and workplace safety regulations applicable to pharmacies.