NIMT INSTITUTE OF METHOD AND LAW organised INTER LAW SCHOOL DEBATE COMPETITION on the topic DEMONETISATION on 15th April 2017.
The chief guests for the event were Mr Daya Shankar Tripathi (Senior Prosecution Officer, District Court, Gautam Buddh Nagar) and Mr Ramesh Gupta (Senior Advocate, District Court, Gautam Buddh Nagar).
Over 100 students participated in the event. Trophies and certificates were presented to winning candidates. All participants were awarded participation certificates.
1. Best Team – Utkarsh Gaur and Deepak Bhati ( Sharda University )
2. Second Best Team – Shubham Singh and Siddhi Gautam ( Galgotias University)
3. Third Best Team – Jatin Lalit Singh and Shekhar Singh ( Galgotia’s University)
4. Best Speaker (Boy) – Shiv Pratap Singh, Janhit College
5. Best Speaker (Girl) – Sehnaz Ali, Kailash Institute
NIMT Institute of Method and Law (NIMT IML) is organising the Inter Law Schools Debate 2017 at NIMT Greater Noida Campus on 15th April 2017.
Below are the event Details:
- The Core Topic of Debate is “Demonetization and its Impact”
- Students of any law college at undergraduate, postgraduate or other levels.
- Maximum of 4 teams of each college can participate.
- Each team consists of 2 members – one for the motion (CONSTRUCTIVE SPEECH) and the other against the motion (REBUTTAL SPEECH).
- Each team will present their views within five minutes followed by two minutes cross question and conclusion.
- Non-parliamentary language is strictly prohibited.
- The candidates are required to use only facts that can be substantiated by documentary evidence in the motion or the cross question or the conclusion.
The judges, based on their discretion, shall have the authority to determine who will be the Best Speaker and Best Debater. The winning team shall be determined by the majority decision of the Board of Judges.
Issues for Debate
A. Was demonetisation necessary? (necessity)
B. Whether the demonetisation of Indian Rupee in Nov 2015 beneficial? (beneficial)
C. Whether or not it was practical? (practicability)
- Registration- On or before 15 April 2017
- Inaugural function – 11am
- Briefing session – 11:30am- 12 noon
- Debate competition- 12 noon – 01:30 pm
- Break – 1:30 – 2:00 pm
- Debate Competition – 2:00pm – 3:30 pm
- Valedictory Function 3:30 – 04:00 pm
- Prize Distribution – 04:00 – 04:30 pm
- Best Team (Rank 1)
- Best Team (Rank 2)
- Best Team (Rank 3)
- Best Individual Debater (Constructive)
- Best Individual Debater (Rebuttal)
Successful and winner candidates will get certificate as well as trophy.
All participants will be given participation certificates.
NIMT (better known as NIMT Group of Institutions or National Institute of Management Technology) is a group of colleges, schools and hospitals established and registered under Indian Societies Registration Act, 1860. NIMT offers Bachelor, Master and PhD degree courses in Management Education, Medical Sciences, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Pharmaceuticals, Information Technology Engineering, Allied Science, Business Administration, Mass Communication, Journalism and Advertising, Hospitality and Law. NIMT also offers school level education from CBSE and CISCE Boards.
NIMT established its first self-financing Management College in Ghaziabad, UP in 1992. Since its creation in 1992, the group has grown to have campuses in Greater Noida, Ghaziabad and Kotputli, Jaipur. The group has around 20,000 students and alumni and offers more than 53 programmes in professional education.