Welcome to nimt.ac.in (the “Site”) and the NIMT community. We believe safeguarding your privacy online is important and we are committed protecting it in an appropriate manner. Take a moment to read about our policy on privacy protection and how it pertains to you.
At nimt.ac.in, we know your number one concern is privacy. Therefore, we have tried to do everything we can to create an online learning environment that makes you feel comfortable. We believe that we maintain the security and privacy standards you expect, so you can have the relaxed online learning experience you deserve. We value your trust and recognize that your personal information is confidential.
What information is collected?
We collect several different types of information. On some pages you can register for our courses, fill up an enquiry form, enter contests, answer surveys, express opinions, subscribe to one of our online services such as newsletters, or participate in one of our online forums or communities. The types of personally identifiable information that may be collected at these pages include: name, gender, age, postal code or address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number and credit card information. From time to time, we may ask for other personal information, such as your interests, occupation or your preferences regarding various products, programs, and services. The more information you volunteer, the more we can enrich your experience at the Site. On certain pages of the Site, you can submit information about other people. For example, you might submit a friend’s name and e-mail address if you wish to send an electronic mail, or a friend’s physical address if you refer our programmes and wish to send it directly to the person. The types of personally identifiable information that may be collected about other people at these pages include: the recipient’s name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
Typically, when you visit our website, you have the option to register with us to make your online learning experience as easy as possible. While it is not necessary to register in order to learn about NIMT and its programmes, as a registered learner nimt.ac.in, you will be able to receive information and alerts on the programmes of your choice and admission notices. We request the following personal information from you on our registration form: first and last name, address, telephone number, email address, username, your academic and work experience details, password, password hint, credit card, and credit card number. This is the information we need to process your registration. Your telephone number is required to complete the registration process, so that we can use it to contact you about your admission status if we need to. Your physical address information is also used to ensure that the right person is reached for the admission process. In an effort to guard against fraud, we provide this information to EFTSecure for verification. In addition, we utilize PaymentTech as our third-party credit card processor.
We also may collect certain personally identifiable information when you visit the Site such as the type of browser or operating system you are using on your computer, or the name of Internet service provider, or how you entered the Site and your pathway through the Site.
ID/IP Address Verification
We use a third party and third party software to verify and record a user’s identity, address and/or credit card billing verification. This information is confidential and is held on a secure server to protect your privacy.
First of all, we use a cookie so we can recognize you as a repeat customer each time you visit. This means lets us know what pages you visit as well as your browsing, shopping, and searching patterns. This enables us to identify ways to customize our online learning environment to the preferences of our students and prospective students.
How does NIMT use my personal information?
NIMT uses the information you provide to personalize your online experience, which includes maintaining personalised information for your exclusive access. It also lets us better match on-site advertising and direct mail offers with your particular interests and structure future product offerings and product lines to your needs. Personal information is also used to allow us to arrange for delivery of academic documents.
What information does NIMT send from the Site?
- Special Offers and Updates We send all new members a welcoming email to verify password and username. Established members will occasionally receive information on products, services, information updates, and a newsletter. Out of respect for the privacy of our users we present the option to not receive these types of communications.
- Newsletter If a user wishes to subscribe to our newsletter, we ask for contact information such as name and email address. Out of respect for our users privacy we provide a way to opt-out of these communications.
- Academic Event Announcements On occasions it is necessary to send out a academic or admission related announcement. For instance, if our admission deadline is approaching and your registration form is incomplete or for our students their programme related updates and announcements we will send users an email. Generally, users may not opt-out of these communications, though they can deactivate their account. However, these communications are not promotional in nature.
- Direct Mailings We will send you occasional information about our various programmes or promotions, we feel may be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive such mailings, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our customer services representatives and request to stop receiving undesired direct mailings. These mails also give you an opt-out option.
- For students who are enrolled for our programs all information regarding academic schedules, assignments, examinations and program related announcements are sent via SMS and e-mailers.
Does NIMT disclose any of my personal information?
NIMT and nimt.ac.in does not sell or redistribute your personal information in any form. The following exceptions may apply:
- Aggregated User Statistics Personal information may be aggregated with that of other users and revealed to a third party. The information revealed will never identify an individual nimt.ac.in member or provide any third party the ability to contact a member directly. Aggregated information will never contain names, e-mail addresses or mailing addresses, but may include gender, age, household income, occupation or state of residence.
Third Party Agreements
- Law Enforcement Requests nimt.ac.in fully cooperates with law enforcement agencies working to identify those who may use our services for illegal activity. Therefore, we reserve the right to disclose information to law enforcement agencies about shoppers who we believe are violating our content guidelines or are involved in otherwise unlawful activities. You understand that we may comply with law enforcement requests or subpoenas regarding your use of the Site.
Children’s Online Privacy
NIMT is concerned with the safety of children when they use the Internet. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, nimt.ac.in does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we receive actual knowledge that a child under the age of thirteen has registered without her or his parent’s or guardian’s permission, we will remove all personal information about that person from our files. To prevent subsequent communication to a child under the age of 13, we may maintain a record of that person’s name and address in a “do not contact” file. If a child has provided nimt.ac.in with personal information, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us to have that information deleted from our files.
Questions regarding our policy should be directed to email@example.com