A. General Facility Requirements
- 15 Internet-connected computers and cache proxy that are no more than three years old and meet current specifications
- The ability to dedicate resources to testing
- The ability to restrict other activities in the room during an estimated six-hour test period
B. Computer Requirements
- Administrative Station: Required for image capture, candidate check-in and other administrative tasks.
- Cache Proxy (or IAS Local Server): Required for storing test delivery information and temporary storage of candidate results.
- Testing Stations: Required for delivering tests (one testing station per candidate).
C. iBT Supported Operating Systems:
|Operating Systems||*Vista® with SP2 32 and 64-bit||Windows 7 with SP1 32 and 64-bit||Windows 8 32 and 64-bit|
|Browser||IE v7, v8, v9||IE v8, v9||IE v10|
*Windows XP and Vista — Support will be terminated as of April 30, 2014.
- The operating system should reside on and boot from the computer’s local hard disk. Virtual machines and thin clients are not supported.
- Macintosh or iMac are not supported or approved for use with test delivery on the iBT platform.
- Microsoft® Server Operating System or Linux® are not supported.
D. Local Area Network and Internet Connectivity:
Cache Proxy, Administrative and Testing Station computers should reside on a Local Area Network (LAN) in the same subnet to allow communication between machines without blocking of any port. In addition, the computers should be connected to the Internet via a broadband Internet connection such as DSL or better.
We strongly recommend using a separate device for LAN (switch) and Internet connectivity (router) instead of using an integrated device.
E. Specifications for Administrative and Testing Stations:
- Minimum Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.66GHz or equivalent
- Minimum Installed Memory: 2 GB
- Minimum Free Memory: 1 GB
- Free Disk Space: 1 GB
- Display Adapter: 1024×768 resolution, with 32-bit color depth / 65,536 colors
- Display Monitor: Widescreen monitors (aspect ratio other than 4:3) are not supported
- Display Monitor Screen Size:
- CRT: 17-inch screen or higher
- LCD: 15-inch screen or higher
- Sound Card: 44.1 KHz (or better) sample rate
Note: Logitech® C270, C210, C170 and Microsoft VX800 webcams are approved for image capture at the Administrative Station. KOSS® SB45 headsets are approved for audio recording/playback on the Testing Stations.
F. Specifications for Cache Proxy (or IAS Local Server) Computers:
Up to 40 concurrent test takers:
- Minimum Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Quad 2.4 GHz
- Minimum Installed Memory: 4 GB
- Minimum Free Memory: 2 GB
- Minimum Free Disk Space: 4 GB
G. Test Center Configuration Tips:
The test center technicians must review the technical configuration tips available here.
This will help them in configuring the test center network and desktop environment for iBT test delivery.