It is a hectic time for you as you finally complete your class 12 examinations. The race for higher education has only just begun. Things get doubly difficult if you had chosen Arts as your senior secondary stream in school because people keep telling you that there is not ample scope for Arts students. But contrary to popular belief still prevalent in some places, the range of higher studies options for Arts students is a large and ever-widening one.
NIMT Educational Institutions make your future look bright as a class 12 Arts pass-out by offering a plethora of courses and programmes to choose from. No longer do you have to worry about your possible career options just because you belong to an Arts background in school. While all necessary information like admission procedure and fee structure of the relevant courses can be read in detail in the official NIMT website (www.nimt.ac.in), here is a brief overlook of top programmes to select from at NIMT after class 12th:
Bachelor of Arts
- This programme is provided by the NIMT Technical and Professional College, Kotputli Jaipur, affiliated to the University of Rajasthan.
- This is a 3-year-long programme, being a standard undergraduate degree course.
- This year, courses in the disciplines of Hindi, Political Science and Sociology respectively are being offered under the Department of Humanities & Social Sciences.
- The University follows the Open University system, whereby the mode of instruction incorporated is different than that in other typical higher education institutions. Thus, instead of direct, in-classroom teaching, the university has adopted the distance learning model of education.
- A multimedia model of communication is followed by the University which includes but is not limited to: study materials for self-learning, audio-visual sessions broadcast via TV and radio, one-to-one counselling at study centres, among others.
Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- This is also a 3-year undergraduate degree programme offered by the NIMT Technical and Professional College, Kotputli Jaipur, under the umbrella of the University of Rajasthan.
- A number of modern learning initiatives for a quality legal education has been taken by the College. The organisation of moot courts is one such progressive enterprise in which students are made to hone their skills in legal debate, something that will prove to be absolutely indispensable in their future prospects of various legislative endeavours.
- The College also undertakes introductory legal training for its law aspirants by sending them to courts such as the High Court, District Court and Village Courts. This helps them learn from the proceedings they witness and consequently be more informed about the legal rights and responsibilities of their fellow citizens.
- A Legal Aid Clinic has also been set up by the College to address the plights of the public. This makes students acutely aware of their roles in society as legal representatives and makes their education extremely sound and practical.
- Informative and inspiring lectures by lawyers, judges and other renowned personalities associated with the legal profession are also arranged by the College for the continued motivation of students.
Bachelor of Arts Bachelor of Laws (BA LLB)
- This is a 5-year undergraduate degree programme offered by NIMT in its two premier campuses:
- NIMT Technical and Professional College, Kotputli Jaipur, under the awning of the University of Rajasthan.
- NIMT Vidhi Evam Kanun Sansthan (NIMT Institute of Method & Law), which is located at Greater Noida, under the auspices of Chaudhary Charan Singh University.
- NIMT Technical and Professional College, Kotputli, Jaipur incorporates all the teaching enterprises it employs in its LLB programme including special lectures, Legal Aid Clinics, moot courts as well as first-hand experience in actual courts of law in its BA LLB programme.
- However, the latter being a 5-year integrated course, the education is more extensive and intensive in nature.
- NIMT Vidhi Evam Kanun Sansthan (NIMT Institute of Method & Law), Greater Noida has a slightly different outlook. The focus is more on an inter-disciplinary approach and a mutually interactive process of teaching and learning.
- The college adopts the semester system of education, in which, for the first four semesters, students are taught, along with Law subjects, other disciplines such as Political Science, Sociology, History, Economics and English.
- In the following year, students are taught only Law subjects, all of which are mandatory. After this comes the opportunity of specialising in any particular branch of law such as Criminal Law, Family Law, Constitutional Law, etc. in the final two years.
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)
- This is a 2-year undergraduate degree programme offered by NIMT in three prime locations:
- NIMT Mahila B.Ed College, Kotputli Jaipur, under the University of Rajasthan.
- Campus School Department of Education, Ghaziabad, as part of Chaudhary Charan Singh University.
- NIMT Institute of Education, Greater Noida, also under the auspices of Chaudhary Charan Singh University.
- NIMT Mahila B.Ed College, Kotputli Jaipur lays emphasis on all those topics that are invaluable in the teaching vocation. Theoretical topics include Contemporary India and Education, Childhood and Growing Up, Gender, School & Society, among many others. Whereas issues that have a slightly more practical are also paid ample attention to, like Learning & Teaching, Assessment of Learning, Health, Yoga & Physical Education, etc.
- The Campus School Department of Education, Ghaziabad recognises the need for Arts students separately and thus provides proper training to them in teaching subjects like History, Civics, Geography, and languages.
- Although originally a 2-year programme, this course is going to be 4 years long, commencing from the 2020-21 academic session, as per the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) Regulations, 2019.
- All areas of contemporary education training are given equal weightage, such as integration and application of ICT in teaching-learning processes.
- NIMT Institute of Education, Greater Noida, is affiliated to the same university as Campus School Department of Education, i.e. Chaudhary Charan Singh University follows the same regulations and education policies and stresses on the importance on similar, current thrusts of education, such as inclusive learning through the awareness of the socio-economic backgrounds of schoolchildren.