B.Ed is the bachelor’s degree undertaken to take up teaching as a profession. However, it is worth knowing that B.Ed or Bachelor of Education is not an undergraduate degree and to pursue this course one needs to have completed his/her graduation. Thus, B.Ed is a professional course and right after completing this course, students can get a job at the school level.
The curriculum of B.Ed course is designed in such a way to make the candidates acquainted with all the aspects that they will have to face in their profession. The teacher has to deal with classrooms of multilingual character with children from diverse socio-cultural, economic and linguistic background and varying levels of cognitive abilities. Thus, B.Ed candidates need to understand the process of learning or how learning occurs, create suitable or conducive environment for learning, be able to provide varied opportunities for the students to observe, experiment, reflect, and question. Thus, the Bachelor of Education course curriculum is designed such that aspirants need to study the below mentioned topics:
Childhood and Growing Up
Contemporary India and Education
Learning and Teaching
Language across the Curriculum
Understanding Disciplines and Subjects
Gender, School and Society
Pedagogy of a School Subject
Reading and Reflecting on Texts
Drama and Art in Education
Critical Understanding of ICT
Knowledge and Curriculum
Assessment for Learning
Creating an Inclusive School
Health, Yoga and Physical Education
Above fee is exclusive of accomodation charges (if required) as well as training fee (if any).
NIMT has tied up with Credenc to help students avail education loans easily from a number of banks and NBFCs. The education loans for the students of NIMT are offered based on the credit history of the co-applicant and academic performance of the applicant.
Yes, loan facility can be availed for the payment of the program fee. Loan applications can take up to 2 weeks to get processed, hence candidates are advised to apply for loan as soon as they are shortlisted. To apply click here.
After this degree, the candidates can look at a lot of career options, a few of them listed below::
1. Teacher: Teaching is one of the noble professions and teachers work as a sculptor to carve out a perfect and learned human being. Yes, you can become a teacher once you complete the degree. There are private as well as public schools along with a requirement of teachers in coaching institutes and tuition centers. So, this leads to a higher demand for teachers across.
2. Counselors: Modern world, plenty of choices, confusion, and problems. That is why we need to have numerous ways of handling them. When choosing a career path or some sort, of course, we seldom have any support from the experts. To ensure that the right kind of guidance and understanding is provided in a professional manner, the concept of counseling got introduced to the world.
3. Educational Researcher: Educational Researchers work in universities and colleges and their areas of expertise include preparing research projects and development of research programs. One has the liberty to work in this area as per their subject. With B.Ed. and a little experience in research, one can become an educational researcher.
4. Educational Administrator: All the hiring of the new teachers and educational staff is administered by a teacher only and that is someone we refer to as an Education administrator. In schools, we do not have the HR department so all the staffing is done by one of the teachers. Educational Administrators also have the opportunity to take on the responsibility as a Dean in a College or University.
5. Government Jobs: B.Ed. instills a flair for teaching in you but it won’t be wrong to say that it also helps you in becoming more evolved. You also have the option of appearing in any of the government exams. There are some state as well as center level exams which are only meant for teachers. TET (Teacher Eligibility Test), CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test), NET (National Eligibility Test), SLET (State Level Eligibility Test or State Eligibility Test.), TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher), PGT (Post Graduate Teacher) are examples of the government exams which the B.Ed. graduates are eligible for.
You have a lot of scope to get job in private as well as government schools with a good salary package. The salary depends upon the post you are holding in the school. You can also open your own school if you are financially strong and have caliber to run the school. In the beginning, you can open a small school.
Admission is a four step process that begins with an application
As first step, submit application for admission by the application deadline.
December 7, 2020
Your submited application for admission will be reviewed and uploaded documents verified.
Appear & Qualify in PTET Entrance Exam followed by counselling and seat allocation based on rank
The decision of admissions committee shall be communicated to you throuh merit list/decision letter
On the communicated date, the semester begins with orientation and commencement ceremony
Listen to what our Alumni Says
Formerly known as BTC, D.El.Ed is a two year teacher training program that requires a minimum of undegraduate degree.
Bachelor of Education prepares candidates for teaching school students at various levels upto K-12.