Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) is an undergraduate course offered for those interested in pursuing a career in teaching. The B.Ed. degree is mandatory for teaching at the secondary (classes 6 to 10) and higher secondary (10+2 or classes 11 and 12). The minimum qualification required for entry into B.Ed. course is intermediate (10+2) and an undergraduate degree.
While students from the Arts stream are trained to teach subjects like History, Civics, Geography, and languages, the students from the Science stream are trained to teach Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
The duration of the course will be four years from session 2020-21 as per NCTE Regulations, 2019. After B.Ed., students can pursue Master of Education (M.Ed.) in any Indian university or teacher-training institutes offering the course. The National Council for Teacher Education is the statutory body which regulating teacher training courses in the country of India.
The Right to Free and Compulsory Education for Children (RTE Act 2009) came into force from April 2010. The act emphasizes on quality education for every child. As such, with the view to bring about quality education in schools, it is required that the entry level percentage to B.Ed. be 50 for those candidates in the General Category and 45 for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
The Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) programme is a four-year integrated professional degree programme offered after the higher secondary stage of school. B.El.Ed. is designed to integrate the study of subject knowledge, human development, pedagogical knowledge, and communication skills. Both professional and academic options are available to students who graduate with a B.El.Ed. degree.
The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) programme of NIMT has been designed with the aim to develop an understanding of teaching-learning process at secondary and senior-secondary level among student teachers. It focuses on enabling student-teachers to reflect critically on perspectives of education and integrate holistically the theory and practices to facilitate active engagement of learners for knowledge creation.
The B.Ed. programme focuses on:
Admission shall be done on the basis of the score obtained in the entrance test conducted by UP BED ENTRANCE EXAMINATION.
The candidate will be required to submit the filled-in application form with self-attested copies of documents as specified in Entrance-cum-Admission Form.
The Entrance Test will be held on the date mentioned in the advertisement. Hall tickets will be uploaded on UP BED ENTRANCE website; for appearing in the Entrance Test. Mere allowing candidates to take Entrance Test would not amount to acceptance of their eligibility for admission to B.Ed. The final admission to the programme shall be subject to their rank in the merit list in the Entrance Test and production of proof of their eligibility at the time of last date of submission of application for admission to B.Ed. programme along with original certificates and programme fee.
Fee Exclusions: CCSU Theory Exam/Migration/Degree/ Certificate/ Marksheet/CCSU registration charegesare separate and payable directly to CCSU as per their schedule/ Notices
Standard Fee - Easy EMI - 10 Months
Discounted Fee - Easy EMI - 8 Months
Discounted Fee - Easy EMI - 6 Months
Discounted Fee - Pay in Full
NIMT has tied up with Credenc to help students avail education loans easily from a number of banks and NBFCs. The education loans for the students of NIMT are offered based on the credit history of the co-applicant and academic performance of the applicant.
Yes, loan facility can be availed for the payment of the program fee. Loan applications can take up to 2 weeks to get processed, hence candidates are advised to apply for loan as soon as they are shortlisted. To apply click here.
After this degree, the candidates can look at a lot of career options, a few of them listed below::
1. Teacher: Teaching is one of the noble professions and teachers work as a sculptor to carve out a perfect and learned human being. Yes, you can become a teacher once you complete the degree. There are private as well as public schools along with a requirement of teachers in coaching institutes and tuition centers. So, this leads to a higher demand for teachers across.
2. Counselors: Modern world, plenty of choices, confusion, and problems. That is why we need to have numerous ways of handling them. When choosing a career path or some sort, of course, we seldom have any support from the experts. To ensure that the right kind of guidance and understanding is provided in a professional manner, the concept of counseling got introduced to the world.
3. Educational Researcher: Educational Researchers work in universities and colleges and their areas of expertise include preparing research projects and development of research programs. One has the liberty to work in this area as per their subject. With B.Ed. and a little experience in research, one can become an educational researcher.
4. Educational Administrator: All the hiring of the new teachers and educational staff is administered by a teacher only and that is someone we refer to as an Education administrator. In schools, we do not have the HR department so all the staffing is done by one of the teachers. Educational Administrators also have the opportunity to take on the responsibility as a Dean in a College or University.
5. Government Jobs: B.Ed. instills a flair for teaching in you but it won’t be wrong to say that it also helps you in becoming more evolved. You also have the option of appearing in any of the government exams. There are some state as well as center level exams which are only meant for teachers. TET (Teacher Eligibility Test), CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test), NET (National Eligibility Test), SLET (State Level Eligibility Test or State Eligibility Test.), TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher), PGT (Post Graduate Teacher) are examples of the government exams which the B.Ed. graduates are eligible for.
You have a lot of scope to get job in private as well as government schools with a good salary package. The salary depends upon the post you are holding in the school. You can also open your own school if you are financially strong and have caliber to run the school. In the beginning, you can open a small school.
Admission is a four step process that begins with an application
As first step, submit application for admission by the application deadline.
September 20, 2023
Your submited application for admission will be reviewed and uploaded documents verified.
At this step, the marksheets and other documents are verified
The decision of admissions committee shall be communicated to you throuh merit list/decision letter
On the communicated date, the semester begins with orientation and commencement ceremony
Clinical Trainings form an essential part of the studies in medical and paramedical courses. Trainings at NIMT are conducted in its own parent hospital on campus as well as Government Institute of Medical Sciences (GIMS), Greater Noida and Dr B R Ambedkar Multi Speciality Hospital, Noida
Listen to what our Alumni Says
A Bachelor of Education is a graduate professional degree which prepares students for work as a teacher in schools.
Formerly known as BTC, D.El.Ed is a two year teacher training program that requires a minimum of undegraduate degree.